“Twice The Health” health and fitness bloggers Emily and Hannah are running the Mercer Surrey Half Marathon on 11 March 2018.
The duo began their Twice The Health blog after securing “a very last minute spot” in the 2015 London Marathon. With just twelve weeks to train they encountered all kinds of problems, but made it through in a time they remain incredibly proud of. The duo continue inspire others to create adventures and challenge their bodies; explaining that for them “the finish line feeling” is what motivates them to keep exploring.
Nutritionist Emily first ran the Surrey Half in 2016, and is looking forward to returning with personal trainer – and other half of Twice The Health – Hannah, on 11 March 2018. They have entered The Mercer Surrey Half Marathon with their friends as a training race ahead of the 2018 London Marathon.
As many of us are taking to the Kitchens during this festive period, they have shared one of their favourite “Recipes to Run For” below.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 12 New potatoes (approx. 250g)
- 2 Pinches of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Butternut squash (approx 500g)
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1TSP Rapeseed oil
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1TSP Paprika
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Dice the butternut squash, red onion and red pepper
3. Drizzle over the rapeseed oil and roast for 30-40mins.
4. Bring a saucepan of water to boil, add the new potatoes and two pinches of sea salt.
5. Boil dry so the salt clings to the skin of the potatoes. Add a little more water as they are boiling if they haven’t cooked fast enough.
6. Sprinkle the paprika over the chicken breasts and roast for 20mins (or until cooked through).